Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saturday Sky




Nice day actually. Was supposed to snow or something, but it is around the
low 40's and not too bad out today.

No pictures yet, but spent the last couple days winding balls of yarn.
Quite a while ago, I bought 3 hanks of Knit Picks yarn called Shimmer,
to make a Candle Flame Shawl. I put the hank around the backs of 2 dining
room chairs, back to back. Then hand wound the ball from there. Took a
while. My left hand got tired holding the ball while winding with the
right. Odd. Anyway, Now I need to cast on 97 stitches to start this
thing. Can't decide what type of cast on to use.

So, almost knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For most lace you should use the knitted cast on. It is incredibly elastic and will stretch as much as the knitted fabric. So, when you block the shawl the cast on edge won't be distorted. Good luck! I can't wait to see it.