Sunday, December 31, 2006

Just picked this meme up from Rachel,

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Resolution :: goals

2. Happy :: Me

3. Bubbly ::coka cola

4. Kiss :: Hubby, now that I'm feeling better.

5. Leather :: Would love a leather chair.

6. Fancy :: pants

7. Pages :: Web

8. Stupid :: try not to be.

9. Apologize :: often

10. Secrets :: Wouldn't be a secret if I told you, would it?

Silly thing. Consider yourself tagged.

Well, I cast on the 97 stitches and had to just knit, did 3 rows and somehow I counted and had 111 stitches and it looked like crap. So, frogged it and will
try again, later.

We will have a quiet New Year's Eve here at home. Lucky if we stay awake that long.
LOL

Saw a friend who was home visiting and she was knitting with double points,
and I allowed I had tried metal ones and they defeated me. She had wooden
ones, and they seemed to work well. She said she tried the metal ones and
couldn't use them either. So, guess I'm not the only one. I do want to
make a pair of socks this year that fit me. It's either try the buy and
try the wooden double points, or learn one of the circular ones. But first
I am knitting this shawl, if I can keep from splitting the yarn and getting
more stitches.

So, I've been knitting.

2 comments:

Shadkitty said...

I am about 12 round from finishing your scarf. In the meantime, I will be sending a little gift of apology. :)

Anonymous said...

You may want to try knitting something bigger using double points- like us 3 or higher double points because that will help get used to it.

I'm sorry I didn't even think about that when I got you the sock needles! They don't make the wooden or bamboo ones in such small sizes and the yarn I got you was so thin I wanted to make sure we had the right size needles.

You can do it!!

~secret pal