Monday, October 02, 2006

This is the knitting survey that Secret Pal 9 wanted done.


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like 100% wool, as I like to felt. Don't like those novelty yarns, fuzzy etc.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Don't have anything to store strait needles in. I use a basket, but it's always a problem to find the right pair.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Let's see, I've been knitting for about 6 years. I'm thinking I'm intermediate in knitting. Let's see I learned by reading a book years ago, and made a baby blanket, with cables that came out the size of a doll blanket. Didn't know about gauge. Never knitted again till 6 years ago, I found a how to knit class online, as I needed to learn about gauge. Was suprised that gauge was the 6 th class.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No, afraid not. But gee I wish for a ball winder and the thing to hold the skein.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes I have sweet tooth, but am on a diet and can't eat it at the moment.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

No, don't spin. Love to read so much, that I don't get my knitting done sometimes.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Love Country Music. Yes, computer can MP3's and I have an MP3 player. (Not ipod)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Absolutely like BLues. Do wear a nice green, but greens are hard to get the one i like. Also like Mauve. No oranges or flourescent colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, no pets since our poodles died a few years ago. Children all grown and out of the house.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

YES to scarves, hats and mittens. No ponchos please.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Wash Cloths. Can I help it? Mindless knitting I can do anywhere. Am making a hat, to teach in a knitting class at church. Want to knit socks but just haven't gotten there yet. Have made scarves, fingerless gloves, that sort of thing. Want to make a sweater, have a neat pattern my last pal gave me, but need to get the yarn one of these days. Actually I'm on a diet and hope to wait a while to get the yarn, as I might need a smaller size next year.

13. What are you knitting right now?

That hat I'm making. Figured I want to have it by the 8th when I will show what we will be doing after I teach them to knit. I'm not a fast knitter.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

YES, who doesn't.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Not plastic. I use circular more than strait, but use both.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No, that's what I really wish for. Couldn't think of the name Swift up above.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

About 6 months.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas I suppose.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn, oh, have a couple witches. Used to be my nickname long ago. Love their ugly faces.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Would like the very small in number DPN's like 0 and 1. Have too many books. Like Yarn of many types, alpaca, wool, etc.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None at the moment.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Lace knitting maybe?

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Not a sock knitter yet. Want to be. I wear a woman's size 11. Big feet.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

02/25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the words of Mr. Burns, "Excellent".

Sincerely,
your SP9 spoiler