Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hi All,

We just got back from Las Vegas and Southern Utah where we went for vacation.

One of the places we went was Zion National Park. Here's some photos of the
Park.

This first one, the points are called something like Nephi, and Moroni. Probably naming them wrong, but those names were on some peak or other.



This one I really liked. It was called Angel's Footstool, I think that's right. Took several pictures of it, but this was the best.



I forgot, we first went to Hoover Dam, sometimes called Boulder Dam.
Had to take two pictures to get it all in.





This is a statue of a guy that may have been working on the dam. It looked
really cool.



We took the tour of the dam inner workings. It was interesting. Over 100 men
died while working on the dam. Some from heat exposure. It was really hot.
They were also building it during the depression, which was quite a feat.

We also went to Las Vegas, but forgot to take any pictures there. Silly me.

So, I've been knitting, one of these days I'll take a picture of that.

1 comment:

Jae said...

Did you stand in the middle so you could be in two times and places at once? Hubby has a silly picture of my friend and me doing that.