Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Sky

A nice looking day, but chilly. Guess fall
is here. Such fun.



Well, this is the progress of the sleeveless top
I'm working on. It looks like the last picture
I took. Went to my Knitting Guild last week,
and we discovered a problem when they looked at
it. They said I had to either frog some of it
past the mistake or Knit more mistakes like
that throughout the project. I decided to frog
it. Luckily one of the ladies was willing
to pick up stitches for me. There's 109 of them.
So, now I have knitted back to where I had
been. Have about an inch before the next
direction takes place.



Nothing has been knitted on the sock, such is life.
Our knitting guild is going to do a knit along with
the tilted duster which is on the front of the
Fall 2007 of Interweave Knits. Had to get hubby's
ok, to order the yarn. One of the women figured
out what we needed to do for the bigger ones of us.
Ordered Wool of Andes Bulky from Knit Picks, in
the wine colorway. They shipped it the other
day, so soon I hope. So the sleeveless top
may be put on hold, but we will see.

Anyway before our next meeting on the first
Thursday of November, we need to get our
yarn and then, after rolling it into balls,
we need to knit a gauge square.

Have been reading books by Elizabeth Lowell.
I like the way she writes. Got 2 more when
I went to the library on Friday.

Hey, don't forget to leave a comment.

So I've been knitting

3 comments:

SYLVIE said...

Nice Saturday sky!

Sorry you had to frog your sweater, good thing your friends found the mistake early on and that one of them helped you with it.

kat said...

knit alongs are a great way to get a project done & you know November is National Knit a Sweater Month

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love how helpful knitters can be. I had a huge mistake in a sweater and had to frog back the whole sweater pretty much and my friends helped me roll the yarn back into balls and keep me sane. Knitters are the best!