Thursday, October 18, 2007

Picture

Came online today to see if blogger fixed the picture problem.
Seems to be ok today.

This is the yarn, the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky yarn,
that I got in the mail yesterday. It's in the Wine Colorway.
It came in Hanks, so planning today, to take a hank or two, put it on my swift and wind it with my winder into balls.
Then I will be able to knit my yarn swatch. I need to get
3.75 stitches to an inch to get my size, which is bigger
than the pattern goes. The pattern calls for 4.5 stitches
an inch on a 10 inch needle. I'm excited to see how it works up.
Hopefully won't have to make more than the one gauge swatch, but
have a feeling I will have to change needles, we'll see.



Checked through my circular needles and I don't have a long
enough 0 or 1 to do Magic Loop, so will have to buy one
maybe next week. I searched online yesterday about Magic
Loop and found videos on it and it's not that different
than knitting on two circulars. So, can't wait till I
can get the longer needle.

We're going to go visit my son and his wife and baby in Baltimore
tomorrow. Then Saturday we will be going down to Kensington
to the Washington Temple. Yes, we are Mormon, and belong to
the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. After we're
done there, we will head home. Saturday night there is wedding
reception at church. My best friend's daughter is getting married,
it's her second marriage, but she found a man her age, who loves
her daughter. I need to go to this reception since it is my
best friend's daughter.

My son's baby is an adorable little girl. Her name is Eowyn,
but they call her Wynnie. She is almost 6 months old. We
haven't seen her since she was 2 weeks old, so that will
be nice.

I've been reading really good books by Elizabeth Lowell.
She's been writing for a while, and so since I discovered
I like the way she writes a mystery. Great!. So I've
been catching up. I noticed at the book store yesterday
that she is still writing, which is wonderful. The one
I'm reading now is called Beautiful Dreamer. I think it
might the first book she wrote in this genre anyway.

So with the sock frogged and no long enough needle, I
will wait with that. I need to pick up the Sleeveless
vest and work on that, and then need to wind that
yarn.

So, I've been knitting

3 comments:

Ashabee said...

I love that colorway! I might have to order some for myself. I came here yesterday with all intentions of leaving a comment, but I got sidetracked with all those quizzes you have here...lol.

Melissa F. in CA said...

I love the color of your yarn! I have heard good things about Wool of the Andes but I haven't tried it yet...

kat said...

that's a gorgeous red