Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gauge Squares

Yes, these are the two gauge squares I had to make for the
Tilted Duster. The one on the left was on 10.5 needles and
only got me 3 st. per inch. The one on the right was on size
10 needles and it got me 3.5 st. per inch which is what I
want. I had been thinking I wanted 3. 75 but than realized
that would be a tad small. So rather a tad big than small.



Now the only problem I have is that the pattern wants size
10 needles. Now the only ones I can find are 10 inches long
which is not long enough to cast on the back. Supposedly
I have 2 sets of 14inch long size 10 needles but I sure
can't find them. I have a basket that holds my straits
and went through it needle by needle, and no size 10's
except the smaller length size 10s. That's what I made
the gauge square with. So, will have to go buy a long
size 10 strait and a 32" long size 10 circular. Both
my size 10 circulars are busy with other projects. One
is a 40" and the other is a 29". So will need another
one of those also.

I also want to get a size 0, 40 inch circular for
Magic Loop, which I want to make socks.

I think we hubby gets paid this week, so will get
my allowance and then I will enough to get the
needles. I don't have credit cards any more as
I have frozen them, and at that this point they
probably aren't even still active as new ones have
come out. Hubby has the new one somewhere for me.
I tend to spend too much when I have a card.

I will be going to my Knitting Guild and only need
my yarn and the gauge squares. He gets paid
Friday so won't be able to get the needles
until Tuesday since they are closed Monday.
Oh well.

So, I've been knitting

No comments: