Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sock Update

I finished the socks that I knit on 2 size 4 circular
needles. It's worsted yarn, Patons Canadiana
Colours Yarn. 100% Acrylic in a Plum color.
Washable and Dryable which is great for socks.
Trouble is they are so thick, they don't even
fit in my sock holder thing. They will be
good socks for the cold winter. Might not
fit in my shoes even, although they do fit
my feet, so they may be good for padding
around the house in the winter. LOL

I am so glad they fit. It's interesting that
the 2nd sock is a little tighter than the 1st
one. Maybe washing will get them more
equal. Wonder if I was knitting tighter
with the 2nd sock as I knew better what
I was doing after doing the 1st one.
They are not perfect, with little
imperfections. But for a first pair
of socks, not bad I guess.




Oh, got the sock pattern from my Sole Solution software.
Put in my specs and it prints out a pattern. Easy
to follow also. And yes, they fit my size 11 feet.

Now, I need to go to my Lys and get smaller 0 or 1
29" or bigger size circs., so I can use sock yarn
for the next pair of socks. I like making them.

So, after I finished the socks yesterday, I started a
Ballband dishcloth. I''m sorry to say that today,
while I was teaching knitting class at church, I
managed to pretty much screw up the dishcloth.
So, when I came home I frogged it and started
again.

Still slowly working on the Smile Scarf. The row
is so long and getting longer with every increase,
that I only do one row at a time. Didn't even pick
it up today.

So, I've been knitting

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi There! Thanks for the email entry to this month's drawing!!

I love your first pair of socks...great job! The color is great.

Becareful...socks are addicting :)

All the best,
Stephanie
SSK Podcast