Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday Sky

Nice weather lately, in the 70's. Warm enough but
not too warm. I haven't been outside much at all
today. Weird. Maybe I should go out and knit on
the deck before the sun sets. Anyway, good picture.



There are no updates today. I've been trying to
learn to knit 2 socks at a time on 2 circular
needles. I've frogged it so many times with
only the cast on and the first row. I get
one side done, and then move to the other
needle and then it's all screwed up. Needles
in the wrong places. Couldn't make heads
or tails about it. After about 4 froggings,
I decided to go back to knitting 1 sock
at a time on 2 circulars. So, I only
cast on and did one row. No problems
so far. But the last socks I did which
were my first pair were on 2 different
color needles of the same size. I could
not find two circulars in size 2 that
were different colors. So I have 2
size 2, 24 inch Addi Turbos. Well actually
they are size 1 but I measured them on
my stitch counter and they are really
size 2. My one question is how do I
know which oneto start on. I made the mistake
of putting the stitch holder in
between the needles. I suppose
I should change it to only one
side, then it would be easy.
Should have thought of that.
So, not update on that this
week.

I have not even touched the
smile scarf, since I've been
trying to get these socks
started. Silly me.

We're leaving on vacation on
Monday, and I wanted to take
socks to work on. Well, I will
take them to work on, but only
one at a time. We'll be gone
next Saturday, so don't look for
a Saturday Sky. Well, if I can
find a computer at the hotel we
are staying in on Saturday, I
can probably take a picture
where we are and post it.
We'll see.

So, I've been knitting

No comments: