Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday Sky


A nice day today. It was extremely hot yesterday, in the high
90's. Today it's more like 70. Nice clouds, nice picture
I think. It's taken from off my balcony again.




This is the completed Knitting bag. I finally finished it and felted it.
Today I cut a circle out of cardboard to put in the bottom, to hold it up
better.
Wouldn't you know, I ran out of yarn for the last 3 cast off stitches.
The only wool yarn I had was some blue with colors wool. Not sure
where I got it, maybe from a secret pal. So, around the top there is
this small spot with 3 bluish stitches. I also had to sew the bottom
together with it, but that ended up on the inside, and with the card
board in it, you can't see it at all. I keep my different projects
in small blue bags that I got from joining book clubs. I think I
have 3 of them. Anyway, some projects are just too big for that
small blue bag. This Knitting basket will be just right I think
I put the pen on it, so you could get an idea of size.




This is the progress on the sock. Going slowly. I have a size
11 foot. The other sock looks quite long for that big foot. So
still have a ways to go on this one.





After I finished the washcloth with the Denim yarn, which I did
at Knitting Guild the other night. I thought I might as well
start making a Tribble. I think I talked about these a few
weeks back. Got the pattern from 1870 Pearl website. The
link is back there too I think. They make good scrubbers and
don't scratch any pans. Just found it, it's back in April.



Today we went to church for a Kid's social about Pioneers. It was fun.
My table was planting a seed. We planted Marigold seeds in egg carton
pieces that had been cut from egg cartons. By the time we finished
with all the different groups, the table was full of dirt. Good
thing we were outside. Silly me, could have taken my knitting, as there
was down time, and that would have counted for knitting in Public. It
is Knit in Public day. Oh well, I goofed. Best I can do, is knit out
on the bench on the hill, but that's on our 5+ acres, and not another
soul or knitter about. Maybe after hubby leaves for a meeting tonight,
I could go to McD's and order a coke or something, and knit while
sitting there. We'll see. So, why don't you go Knit in Public today.

So, I've been knitting

No comments: