Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Ok, I'm new at this blogging stuff as well as relatively new at knitting. Yesterday, my washer gave up the ghost with a load of wash in it. Thought about it for a bit while I ate lunch and then decided to take the wet wash to the laundramat to wash it. Got a big plastic bag and loaded the wet wash into it. Boy it was heavy! Put it in a laundry basket so I could carry it. Decided to take my knitting with me. Drove to the laundramat to find they were working there and I asked me to give them 20 min. So went and got gas for my car, and then read my mail while waiting. Finally around 1 PM got in to do my wash. Loaded it in a washer and then sat down to knit while waiting. I'm making a baby sweater for my new granddaughter who is 2 months old at this point. Need to finish it before too long. It's pink and cute. In the half hour it took for the washer, I was able to finish the silly sweater. Believe it or not I started this sweater when my daughter was about 6 months pregnant. We went to visit them at the end of September and I took the unfinished sweater with me. On the plane trip to Texas, I tore out something I had done wrong and reknit it. Figured I'd work on it there and finish it and give it to her. Well, I made another mistake, and needed to rip. Well, I ripped too far, and couldn't fix it. Finally gave up that and couldn't even rip the whole thing out. So got a new skein of yarn, and started again. Needless to say I brought it home with me again. Well now it's not beautiful, but it's done, knit wise, anyway. Now I need to learn how to sew the seams. Scary. Pulled out a knitting book tonight to look up what I need to do. Block the sweater and then sew the seams. It's acrylic so have to be careful about blocking it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Oh, washer is really broke, and looks like we'll have to buy a new one. Not in our financial plans at the moment, but so be it.

No comments: