Saturday, October 18, 2003

Lazy day, slept late for me, around 8 AM. Hubby paid bills, and then attacked a big pipe for the old furnace that ran through the laundry room. He cut it out of the laundry room to make room for the new washer that is a bit bigger than my old one. Trouble is it leaves a hole in the floor and ceiling. He put plastic around the little bit that hangs below the ceiling. He just bought insulation so he can put it in the bottom hole and then put plywood over the whole area to cover the hole and give a solid footing for the washer. I think he bought extra insulation so he can put some in the attic in places. Eventually I want him to make a utility closet in the leftover space, so I will have places for brooms and mops and buckets, etc. Might as well get some use in that extra space that the big pipe used to take up.

I signed up for a web cast about Microsoft Office today, and just got an email that says I have to call at the same time to get any sound. Bummer. Maybe I'll look for a bit and see what happens. No way do I want to call them for the hour they are talking. Hmmm.

Need to find the folded pads I used to use to put on the table to cut out patterns when I used to sew clothes. Think I can cover it with plastic and then pin the baby sweater to it in the position I want it, and then put a wet towel over it and let it dry. It's an acrylic sweater, and that's is kinda the way they said to do it. Maybe after the silly webcast I will look for the pad, and get busy with that.

Also have to call the drug store and see if my doctor gave them ok to fill my blood pressure meds, and if so, pick it up. Always something to do.

No actual knitting today, just blocking.

No comments: