Thursday, October 16, 2003

Guess, I should start at the beginning. I became interested in learning to knit last summer, and found a beginning knitting class online. I had knitted a baby blanket many eons ago, and it came out the size of doll blanket. So I needed to learn about gauge. The class didn't deal with gauge until the 7 th class or so. Didn't think that made sense. But at least now I know to knit a swatch first. I started knitting with something easy, a face cloth. Made 2 or 3 of them, and love to use them. Then I started a circular raglan sweater. The body is almost done, and then I have to do the sleeves I guess. It's been on hold while I made this baby sweater. Oh, I also made a pair of socks. Don't like them as I made them too short. I have since started another pair of socks (which I will make longer), but they are on hold too. Guess I'm guilty of starting more then one thing at a time. Now it's time I finish some of these projects.

Had an early meeting this morning and didn't get home till 1 PM. Tonight we are buying a new washer, as you know, mine died and hubby couldn't fix it. Then at 8 PM we are going to talk to a kitchen designer. Been wanting a new kitchen for quite a while.

No knitting today.

No comments: