Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Sky and a Baby Shower

Took this photo today around 11 AM I think. Nice but cold day.



The other night I went to my best Friend's Daughter's Baby
Shower. It's her second baby but she's expecting a boy this
time, and needed baby clothes for him. Didn't see passing
down her daughter's clothes. She got a lot of nice things,
and lots of clothes for her boy to be.



This is a baby blanket from my friend from our
knitting group. She's been knitting baby blankets as
she's a grandmother who's children and grand children
are having babies. She knit this one for Missy.



This is from Connie, who's first love is crochet, and she
crocheted this one for Missy. Connie's house is where we
have our knitting group. At group she is knitting baby booties,
a knitting project that is pushing her knitting a little bit.



Sorry the baby shower pictures are a little dark. Not sure if my
flash didn't work sometimes. Or maybe the ones where she is holding
up the blankets, the blanket takes all the light and leaves her dark.
Interesting that both blankets are yellow. I think when they started
them, they didn't know if it was girl or boy. By the way, I didn't knit
a present, I bought one. Silly me.

Tonight is a social at a friend from church's house. Made a cake
for it and now need to ice it. The last one I made for my birthday
I didn't wait long enough for it to cool, and it fell apart somewhat.
So, being careful to let this one cool more.

Didn't work much on my sleeves for the duster. A little frustrated
with them. Did a couple rows today.

The next time I blog, I think it will be my 200th blog. I missed
my 100th so trying to pay attention this time.

So I've been knitting

2 comments:

kat said...

a handknit blanket is such a nice gift

Unknown said...

Your expectant mum friend is lucky to have knitter friends to keep her bubs warm.