Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday Sky

Another week, thought I would update more often, but doesn't
seem like it's happening. It is slightly warmer today, but
there is still snow on the ground. Luckily the driveway is
pretty much clear, and this morning hubby was down at the
bottom (we live on hill) and breaking up the ice across
the bottom of the drive. After he ran the snow blower
a few days ago, then the plow came through the street
and the weather got cold, so there appeared a very hard
ridge of 4 inches or so of ice, we had to go over on the way
out and in. So he took an ax and hacked through it as
it is warmer today for a change. Make it easier for my
son and his family to come on Monday. They have a new
Toyota hybrid which is not all wheel drive.



Well, here is the progress on the Christmas present.
I did frog it and restart. Now I know I did one row
which is off, and I should frog back to there, but
at this point where I am, I'm not sure it will get
done. Besides, it probably is the fold line.
My hands are getting arthritic and it's hard
to knit more than a row or two before my hands hurt
too much. Even with circular needle.



In the mean time, we are still working on the house
and trying to get my hubby to pick up his stuff on the
floor. He had stuff in the guest shower, and he took
that out, but instead of taking it downstairs, he left
it in the living room. Will I ever get this house ready
for guests?

The shower floor was filthy. I've cleaned it once, but
I think it needs some getting down on the floor and scrubbing.
Trouble is, it's sort of a spotted floor but the spots
are little dark bars here and there. Hard to differentiate
them from the dirt.

Daughter-in-law is very fussy, so will continue after
the shower and clean very well the rest of the bath.
It is the smallest bath, but hubby has been using it
to wash his dirty things, etc. and that's why it is so
dirty.

We also have the borrowed crib to put together. It's
a two person job. Now he's sleeping as he worked like
like crazy on that ice. I know I bought a crib sheet
and have no idea where it is. Such fun.

Well, here's hoping you all have a wonderful Holiday
whatever you are celebrating. Have a Merry Christmas
and very Happy New Year!

So, I've been knitting.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you have a lot of work still ahead of you. Good luck and know that what gets done is what gets done. Everyone will remember the joy of the holiday!

Kim said...

P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)