Saturday, December 08, 2007

Saturday Sky

Took this picture around 1 PM. It's a tad warm today
with temps of 40 degrees. Strange that it is warmer
than usual and I am colder than usual. When I got dressed
I put on a light sweater. But a little later, I took that
off and found a fleece pullover I put on and that is warmer.
Maybe it's windy and that's why I feel cold even with the
heat on.



Ok, I did frog the left front, and reknit it. So here it is
finished. Next is the sleeves. I think I am stopping here to
knit a thing for Christmas.



Reading a Dean Koontz book called 'Phantoms'. Scary book,
can only read it early in the day, and put it away till the
next morning. One evening I read some of it, and couldn't sleep
for thinking about it. A woman doctor had just gone to Florida
and picked up her younger sister, as their mother had just died.
They got into Snowfield, the doctor's town, and it was deathly
quiet. They found the doctor's maid, dead on the floor. Then
they went to the Sheriff's and found him dead too. They stopped
at a bakery and found the husband and wife dismembered. They
found another husband and wife in a locked room, dead. You
can see why it's scary. Each chapter gets more scary too.
The first book I read of his, wasn't scary at all. Oh well.

So, need to find the right yarn for the Christmas gift. Tried
one but it was too soft. I think I want to knit it of Acrylic
yarn, washable and all. I can see from here,(my yarn is in
those big plastic bags), a bulky yarn I'd like to use, but
it may be tricky to get it to gauge. We'll see.

So, I've been knitting

No comments: