Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday Sky

Looks like a gorgeous sky today. Took the picture around
12 PM. Supposed to rain later I think but doesn't look
like rain now for sure. Although we do need rain.
I've been cold all morning. So even though the sky
looks great, it's around 60 and windy. I'm cold.
Hubby is outside all morning working, mowing, cutting
down trees, etc.




Here is an update on the socks. Put the 1st sock in there so you
can see I've done that and am working on the 2nd sock. I'm a slow
knitter I suppose, plus I have BIG feet.



This is the knitting basket. Measured the sides and they
are only at 10 inches. Need to get to 13 inches before
starting the handles which are made by casting off some
stitches at each place, and then knitting another inch
or so, casting on again at the handle place. I just put
the book in there, to make it easier to see as the yarn
is so dark. Just reading "Puss N Cahoots" by Rita Mae
Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown. Cute book. I guess that's
a picture of Sneaky Pie Brown on the back cover.



Anyway, I just started an iPod cosy with a ribbon yarn and
the same yarn I'm knitting my socks with. Have lots of
skeins of that yarn. The ribbon yarn is a similar color
to the other yarn. Basically stocking knit stitch over
9 stitches. Got the basic pattern from (senior moment)
that knitting show on DIY network that is shown on
HGTV here at 7 AM 3 days a week. Picture later.

So, I've been knitting.