Saturday, August 02, 2008

Saturday Sky and Knitting

I took this picture from the dining room window, as it's been
raining off and on, more on, than not, all morning.



This is the knitting. I knitted both the back and front of
the little bear I'm making for a granddaughter. The edges
were rolled under and it was a mess, so decided I had to
block them before I sew them together and stuff. I pinned
them on Yesterday afternoon, and put a wet cloth on both
pieces. It was dry this morning, so took off the cloths.
Guess I will unpin them this afternoon. They should be
easier to sew together now.



Last night we took a fried to pick up his car in East
Stroudsburg. His wife had gone to the eye doctor and
then he sent her via ambulance to Will's Eye in Philadelphia.
She had a detached retina. Not good. Hence her hubby had to pick
up the car, so we took him, dropped him at it, and then
went out to eat. We went to a restaurant called The
Willowtree Inn. We knew nothing about it. We sat outside
on the lower deck at the rail. The deck wasn't far above
a wide creek, and it was very nice. The restaurant turned
out to be very expensive, but they had some Lighter Fare
on the menu and we ordered from that. Fillet Mignon
Sandwiches. Odd, but good. It was on hard long rolls,
that you ate with fork and knife. Yummy. There was also
garlic mashed potatoes and coleslaw with the meal. It
cost $11, but was very good. There was huge old Willow
Tree there that I suppose the INN was named after.

So, I've been Blocking

No comments: