Saturday, August 09, 2008

Another Saturday Sky

I took this out on the balcony around 10 AM this morning.
Nice day, and I don't think it will rain, but we will see.



Well, I finished the Bear I made for my granddaughter. I
took it to my knitting guild to finish it. I was supposed
to take my needles and sock yarn for the class they had,
but I know how to knit socks on two needles not double
points. So I was able to sew the bear together, stuff
it, hard in the legs and arms and gently in the body
so the kid can grab it, she's only 1. Then I embroidered
the eyes and snout. I think I need to do the right eye
again, as it's a little small. A little more embroidering
thread I suppose.



It's been quite nice this week, with temps no higher than 80.
A lot of rain though. It's been a wet summer this year.
Is that because we're moving to New Mexico in a three
years and it will be dry all the time?

Anyway, have the needles and yarn and made the gauge square
for socks, just wondering if I should learn one big needle
as I have one in size 0. The ones I made the gauge square
with size 2 needles. The pattern calls for 0 size needles.
In 0 size I only have the one long one, not two. I think I
know how to do one needle, it works similarly as for 2 needles.
So, maybe another gauge square?

So, I will be knitting

1 comment:

CRUMROY FAMILY ORGANIZATION said...

I'd surely like your pattern for the knitted bear. That's something we could make in our Humanitarian group. Real cute.
Donna