Saturday, August 16, 2008

An Eventful Saturday

Today we decided to drive to NJ and visit a cousin of my
husband. We left here around 10:30. It takes about 1 hour
and 33 min. or so. We spent some time at his house catching
up with each other. His cousin has never married and no he's
not gay. After a while we three went out to lunch. We looked
for a sub shop that we remembered from when we lived in NJ years
ago. Turns out they went out of business a bit ago. So we
ended up going to another, and it was yummy. After lunch we
drove around for quite a while looking at places hubby
remembered, including his parent's old house. It was still
the same color it was. Anyway, while we were out, I took
this Saturday Sky picture up in Wasatch park. Different
trees in the picture today.



In our travels, we found the park museum. This is the sign
at the entrance, although I took it as we left the place.
It was a very nice museum. Long ago, when we were dating
he took me to a Planetarium that is the same area. But they
have no one to run it anymore, and the equipment is very old
and needs revamping as they do things these days with computers.



It was a nice day. We went back to his cousin's house for a bit
but it was all ready around 5 PM. We wanted to get home. So
we left shortly thereafter. Hubby made a wrong turn into a
shopping center near there, and we ate dinner at an Arby's
in there. Then we found our way home. Arrived here around
7:20 or so.

I took my sock that I had just cast on for. I still can't
knit in the car. Makes me sick like reading in the car
can do. But I knit a few rows at the cousin's and another
couple after I finished my sub, while waiting for the
guys to finish. I forgot to take a picture, but there
is really not much there yet. Maybe in a few days, as
I am a slow knitter.

So, I have been knitting

No comments: