Monday, May 05, 2008

A Trip Down the driveway (Picture Heavy)

We own about 5 1/2 acres. There is about 2 acres down below the
house and about 2 acres of woods to the left of the driveway.

Our driveway goes all the way around the house, and our house
faces up the hill. So as I came out of the front door, I
turned right and saw this wide open tulip. The picture almost
looks like some other flower.



Yesterday when I walked with my hubby down the hill, I wished I
had my camera. So today I took it and walked down myself. I
loved the colors across the acreage near the neihbor house over
there.



Then I was walked down the drive, I saw another view of the
colors farther down the hill. Isn't it pretty?



As I approached the bottom of the drive I took a picture through
the trees of the field across the street, that a farmer uses.



Closer to the bottom, the field view opens. When we moved here
24 years ago, we made sure the farmer wasn't going to sell his
land, as we didn't want our view defaced. Maybe 8 years ago the
father died, and we worried, but the sons seems to be keeping it
in the family. They plant corn one year and then soybeans the
next. Field rotation or something. The corn is just field corn
and soybeans too. Use them for feeding animals. At the moment it
has just been turned over, in preparation for further stuff. Never
plant in this neck of the woods before May 15th.



Then I turned back up the long drive, and hubby was nice
and made a seat about half way up, so we can sit and rest
before going the whole way. The trees it is attached to,
are now dead, so not sure how long the seat will remain to
be sat on.



Maybe it will last the next 4 years, because then we plan to sell,
hope the market is better then. Hubby retires then and we want
to move, and I told him we have to go warmer. At this point in time
we are thinking of Albuquerque, New Mexico. But who knows if this
will stay true through the next 4 years. I'm tired of the snow.

Hope you enjoyed the trip down and up the drive.

As for knitting, I started a pink pig, for my granddaughter
who is 4 years old and loves the color pink, and pigs.
Only half way up the left leg so far. Need to get it
done.

So, I've been knitting

1 comment:

CRUMROY FAMILY ORGANIZATION said...

Thanks for those pictures. I remember every inch of it well.
Donna