Friday, June 30, 2006

Well, figure I better post, so the secret pal police don't fuss at me. LOL

Haven't knitted at all. Been busy reading or re-reading a series of books. It's been a long time since I read it, and it's really good. The series is called 'The Work and the Glory.' It's a historical novel about the beginnings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I belong to that church, and the author has put a fictional family in the history of the church, so it's quite interesting. Anyway, been reading every chance I get, so haven't knitted at all. Silly me.

Need to get things together for my Secret Pal. Have a couple things, but will need to go to my LYS and get some yarn and a pattern or two for this Pal. Lucky girl. LOL

My dishwasher has been on the blink. Leaking like sieve is what's it's been doing. Hubby has been trying to fix it for over a week now. Been washing dishes by hand, which isn't too bad, since there's just the two of us. Guess I'm just spoiled having a dishwasher. It's only 5 years old, and shouldn't be leaking. Hubby now has it down to just a trickle, and then he did something else last night, and says I should run it after dinner, and we'll see if it leaks. I'll run it with a pan under where it had been leaking. Nothing like being somewhat pessimistic.

My knitting guild is next Thursday, so I will be knitting then anyway. Still have those fingerless gloves on the needles.

Been enjoying the sun the last few days. We had 7 days of hard rain, lots of flooding in the county. We didn't have any water, thank goodness. Delaware Water Gap is still flooded, and so are several other places along the Delaware River. It crested at 33'. Anyway, been sitting on the deck in the sun every day for the last 3 days and reading a chapter. That takes about 15 min. which is plenty of time to be in the sun. Slowly getting a little tan although I say I'm getting my Vitamin D each day.

So, I will be knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to take some time to read, I do much the same some days. Though sometimes I try to read and knit at the same time. Silly me!

The sun has been wonderful, since I'm on vacation that just makes it better. We've been swimming a lot.

I have started getting things together for your next package already. Though I need to make a few special trips for it. ;) Enjoy yourself!