Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Sky and pictures

It rained like crazy all morning. I woke to rain on
the roof. I took this after it stopped and the sky
has lightened up a bit. It was total gray earlier.



This is a circular needle, one of the cheaper ones that
was all curled up, and needed straitening. So, I got out
my big mixing bowl and filled it with HOT water and
inserted the needle for 10 min. or so. Then I got
it out and straitened it out in a towel to dry it. I
rolled up the towel and pulled it strait. Now it
is sitting on the coffee table, waiting for me to
make a gauge square.



This is the gauge square I made with size 8 circular needle. Don't
worry it's the blue yarn Cascade 220. I had 5 stitches per inch
instead of the needed 4 stitches, therefore I straitened the 9 inch
circular needle to make another gauge square. Now these gauge squares
are actually pocket liners. I figure since I need two, I can make
another one with the 9's and it won't matter if I use them both as
they won't be seen much.



This is a picture of the sweater I've decided to make. I
pulled out the 4 rows I had, to make the gauge squares.
This is the sweater I downloaded from Lion Brand's free
patterns. I like it better as it has pockets.



I knit the first gauge square at my friend's house where I
can teach knitting to anyone who comes. Church members
that is.

We are trying to buy printer ink. The ink for my printer is
cheap, only 9.99 for each color. His printer ink is expensive.
Our computers are hooked together, so he should be able to hook
my printer up to his computer. Oh, wait, he never did quite get
them hooked up together. But he accesses the Internet from in
here, so he should be able to figure it out anyway. I have a
coupon for $6 for Staples which runs out today. My ink is cheap
there. So, he's seeing whether he can figure out how to use my
printer. Mine is also a copier.

So, I've been knitting

1 comment:

Hedi said...

Brilliant! I never thought about putting a circ in hot water to get it un-gnarly. Thanks!