Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Sky and knitting updates

It was raining when I took this picture around 1:30 today.
Sky doesn't look too bad, but it was raining.



This is the washcloth that I use for waiting places.
Haven't had to wait anywhere this week, but did knit
on it during commercials last night.



This is the cardigan I started. I think I've done
4 rows so far. Been trying to work on the hat for
Wynnie.



The story of the hat for Wynnie. I had started in this
color but decided I didn't like it much, and ordered the
correct colors from Webs. Look down a few posts to see it.
First balled the two colors, and took them to my knitting
at a friend's house. I started with the center end, and
started knitting a gauge square, and after a few rows,
ran into knots. The yarn is so soft that it sticks together.
The outside yarn got tangled with the inside yarn. I worked
for a long time trying to untangle everything. Finally did,
and started to pull more of the inside yarn out and
out came more and more knots. I got so frustrated,
I threw the yarn across the couch. I hadn't brought
any other projects or yarn, so I was stuck.
So, when I got home, I looked at it and it was
so tangled that, I decided to make the make the
hat with the original yarn, and that's as far as
I've gotten so far. Maybe I'm not supposed to
knit this hat, I don't know.



Well, Wynnie is one year old, and maybe she won't
care which yarn I use. There will be the flowers
on the brim, and there's a picture of the pattern
down a few posts.

Tonight we are driving up to Scranton for a Church
meeting. It will be dark and raining and hubby and
I are not looking forward to driving up there tonight.
It's bad enough to drive in rain during the day.
Oh, well, such is life.

So, I've been knitting

No comments: