Friday, September 26, 2008

New Yarn

Yesterday, Thursday the 25th of September, I was in East
Stroudsburg teaching knitting at a friend's house there.
After knitting, I went to the closest yarn shop to her
house, called Mountain Knits and Purls. I have decided
to knit a plain sweater, just to able to say I can knit
a sweater, and hopefully it will fit.

This is Cascade 220 in the color Summer Sky 7815. It's 100%
Peruvian Highlands Wool. It has 220 yards. I got all 8 of
their skeins, as I am not a little person. I will be making
the Cardigan pictured. It cost about $6.95 a skein.



I also bought this yarn, for that cute hat pictured. The dark
green is the main color. I wanted a cuter green, but this is all
the Mission Falls had. The lighter green will make the flowers
and the red is just the center of the flowers. The first gauge
swatch I made in the green wasn't right, so using a one size
smaller needle, I am making another gauge swatch using the red
instead. Such fun.

The yarn is Mission Falls 1824 Wool, 100% Merino Superwash. The
pattern wants 9 stitches per 2 inches and I only got 8 stitches
per 2 inches. Actually the pattern called for 18 stitches per 4
inches, and that's just not logical with a 4 inch swatch. So I
just halved it. Could have gone to 1 inch but that would 4.5,
so decided to do the 2 inches. Easier to count.
If you have trouble seeing the yarn in this picture, click
on it to make it bigger.



It's been raining most of the day, mostly on hard, then light,
then hard again. Whatever, just wet.

So, I've been knitting

No comments: