Monday, January 08, 2007

Ok, These are the pictures I've been promising for a while.

The first is the Knit Picks Candle Flame Shawl I'm making. I don't notice
any candle flames yet though, but haven't gotten very far yet. This picture
is just after doing row 8. So still have quite a ways to go.



All right, this is the Baby Blanket which has been resurrected.
Daughter in law is now pregnant again after losing her first. So,
got this out last week and have knitted a few rows. My needle,
I think it's a 29 inch circular is almost too short. May need to
find a longer one, but don't know if I have one in I think it's
a size 10. Will have to look. I think I still have a way to go
before it's halfway.



I finished this wash cloth a day or two ago. Here it is with all it's
mistakes. Somehow, I don't think it's worth while frogging something
that's for me. It washes my face just fine with mistakes.



So, hope you enjoyed the pictures.

I want to learn how to knit continental. I've noticed several people on the
wash cloth list are trying to knit that way also. I have a pattern for a
Fair Isle Cardigan, and so will need to hold the yarns, one in right and the
other in left. So plan to look at places online that have continental
videos, so I can see how it's done. Good old google is good at finding
things like that. I'll have to start something simple, like a scarf,
to practice with. I learned throwing and have continued that way since.

I'm also getting some wooden double points on Ebay. Won one auction for
4 small sizes. Am waiting on two more, one for 10 sizes of double points,
and another for 10 sizes of wooden straits. One way or another I will
learn to knit on doublepoints. Couldn't with the metal ones. Maybe
once I learn on the wooden ones, then maybe I can move to the smaller
metal ones. We'll see.

So, I've been knitting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After you learn on larger dpns it should definitely get easier to work with the tiny ones!

Also, looking at that baby blanket I think you can still scrunch quite a bit on. You can fit a LOT on one circ, you just have to scrunch. Congrats to your DIL!