Friday, July 21, 2006

Hello, It's about time I posted to this post. I always seem to put off doing that for some reason. Anyway, today I got a package from Secret Pal 8. Forgot to take a picture of the package first, so here is what was inside.


Ok, First is some double sided needles, size 2. Then a cool book mark that says 'From Small beginnings comes great things.' Proverb.

Then there are lots of stitch markers in blue and clear glass beads. They appear to be only useful on small needles, and they all have a tag at the bottom saying 'Create'.

Then the next thing is a pattern I've wanted for a while for a Knit Picks Fair Isle Cardigan. I love the cardigan and now I will have to order the yarn pallet for it. I've never done fair isle so this weill be the first time for that. Anyway I was very excited to get the pattern.

The thin big thing is a folder, which says it's pattern is called 'Hot Chocolate', isn't that appropriate? My pal says it's for holding patterns or important papers.

Then the very neatest thing is the big book. It's a knitting journal, and she wrote my name on it, and the quote from the book mark. I asked for a knitting journal, and then she sends me a really cool one with lots and lots of room in it.

Altogether I say my Secret Pal has outdone herself and sent me a very wonderful group of things. Thank you so much Pal.

Oh, I promised to put a picture of my fingerless gloves.



This is while they were still on the needles almost done. Now they are finished. After I sew them up, I promise to put another picture up.

So, I need to sew the fingerless gloves up, and start a dishrag from Mason Dixon Kitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so glad you loved the journal. I was very proud of it. The stitch markers were simple to make, and you can get them to fit a size 8 needle at most I think. Just try them out on the different sizes, if they don't fit or slide easily...then oh well.