Saturday, November 22, 2003

It's been a while since I wrote. Since I was still procrastinating on that baby sweater, I didn't want to write. So after writing to my daughter about it, she said there were all ready cool days in Texas and the baby needs the sweater. I picked it up and got it ready this morning and read the book again, and started seaming. Got almost to the end of the first seam, and realized a ridge was developing. Looked at the seam and the first inch or so was nice and flat, so I had to take that all out to that point. Frustration. So, walked away from it for a while. Before I got back to it, Hubby needed me, and so it will wait for either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I've promised myself I will finish it and get in the mail by Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway, my husband hit a deer on his way home from work last night. It jumped off a hill right in front him, so he couldn't avoid it. He's lucky he wasn't a second or two later or the deer might have jumped right into his lap through the window. The car is driveable but not pretty. He needed me to go to car rental place so he could pick up a rental. Instead of waiting till Monday, so he could take his car to the fix it place, and then get a rental. No, he had to do it today. Now I will have to pick him from work on Monday. Silly man.

Went to a Chili Cook off dinner last night at church. I drove as hubby was still shaky. They judged the chilies, while the rest of us had salad. Then the baked potatoes came out and the chili came out right behind them. A woman at our table said her chili wasn't hot, so I had her point it out to me. I do not like hot stuff. It was yummy. Funny thing was, that her chili was voted Hottest. Weird. She insisted her chili wasn't hot, but she got a package of cool mints anyway.

So, started sewing the sweater seam today.

No comments: